Proper Grounding Environment/Placement

General topics forum; please ensure your post follows the forum rules.

Proper Grounding Environment/Placement

Postby snappawapa » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:27 pm

Hello all,

I am rather new on the coil scene, and am not exactly sure of how to place the coil while in use.

I currently have a tiny tesla (still building/troubleshooting), and am planning on placing it directly on a very well grounded cookie sheet when in use.

Is this appropriate? Is the heat sync being placed directly on top the same surface that is being zapped (even if it is well grounded) okay?

Also, I have thought about building a faraday cage to go around this thing (for cases where space is a concern). Should I bother with this?

Thanks!
snappawapa
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Re: Proper Grounding Environment/Placement

Postby snappawapa » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:44 pm

self bump? Been a while since I posted..
snappawapa
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Postby Majumafoo » Mon May 01, 2017 9:46 pm

Bump
Majumafoo
Rambunctious Relay

Postby Bayley » Tue May 02, 2017 3:57 am

snappawapa wrote:Hello all,

I am rather new on the coil scene, and am not exactly sure of how to place the coil while in use.

I currently have a tiny tesla (still building/troubleshooting), and am planning on placing it directly on a very well grounded cookie sheet when in use.

Is this appropriate? Is the heat sync being placed directly on top the same surface that is being zapped (even if it is well grounded) okay?

Also, I have thought about building a faraday cage to go around this thing (for cases where space is a concern). Should I bother with this?

Thanks!

earth is earth, I've never had any issues setting the heatsink on a counterpoise.
Bayley
Lord Protector

Return to Anything else for discussion?