Oops! Melted the primary...

Show off your finished kit here!

Oops! Melted the primary...

Postby vernore » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:18 am

I was running my oneTesla TS on full power for a little longer than I should have. Twas shredding out the epic solos of Through The Fire And Flames with grace and wonder. Then the disaster of my own stupidity struck. I should have taken the side panels off since I was planning to run it on full power for so long. As the smell of ozone was overtaken by a foul stench combined with smoke now billowing from the Tesla coil, I knew something had hit the fan. Upon inspection, the coil had overheated and the PCB around the primary coil had begun to melt. The PCB was warped and the copper trace of the primary had split forth and was now exposed. Despite the frustration, I gladly hopped on onetesla.com with credit card in hand, ready to order a replacement for my deceased primary coil, but my efforts could only bring me further disappointment. As it turns out, oneTesla does not sell any replacements for the chassis or primary coil. I desperately wish to be able to repair my coil rather than spend $400 on a whole new one. Any advice? Please help...
vernore
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Re: Oops! Melted the primary...

Postby dlgeek » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:58 pm

E-Mail 'em. The same thing happened to me (See viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2541), and they took care of me.
dlgeek
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Return to Completed oneTesla Kits