Metallica-Paranoid on the OneTesla

Show off your finished kit here!

Re: Metallica-Paranoid on the OneTesla

Postby Paranord » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:02 pm

Similar problem running this from the mac. Notes randomly drop. Notes get "stuck" on.

Is it just this cheep $5 USB-MIDI device that ships with the coil? Is there a reliable USB-MIDI that is Mac compatible?

Paul

DJKOR wrote:
jeffcrilly wrote:
stegu wrote:It also cannot play some midi songs. E.g pirates-of-the-Caribbean, bumblebee.. Not sure why. Might be related to the midi player on the Mac (iirc it is midiwind), so I will give a windows player a try. Hopefully not a logic circuit issue.

FYI, I have tried Sweet MIDI Player and QMidi and all it kept doing was playing back one note every couple of seconds despite the LED on the USB to MIDI adapter flashing rapidly. Funnily enough, those were the only two songs I tried.

I didn't bother anymore after that as I didn't want to risk breaking something (paranoia in me after taking care building the kit), so I just fired up Parallels and used MidiEditor.
Paranord
Rambunctious Relay

Re: Metallica-Paranoid on the OneTesla

Postby Freebee » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:48 pm

My personal experience is that the cable or anything else picks up the em-field of the coil, causing the midi output to work bad or stop working at all. At this point the coil will 'hang' in the last frequency used. Try moving away (at least 2-3 meters from the coil), that solved it for me.
Freebee
Terrific Tube

Previous

Return to Completed oneTesla Kits