Finally, I can post here! =) ***UPDATED*** With Videos!

Show off your finished kit here!

Finally, I can post here! =) ***UPDATED*** With Videos!

Postby ican » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:43 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUEwOHY ... e=youtu.be

All 8 minutes of Toccata and Fugue... Pardon the static, my phone isn't liking the interference from the coil... and this is a 50% power run. I'll link some full power runs later. =)

http://youtu.be/YyNoJr8QzxY

Yakety Sax on a Fuji 640p Camera... I need to get a new camera soon... =/

http://youtu.be/ID4CHloHeVM

Birdhouse in Your Soul

http://youtu.be/2jUbhgmiZBQ

Final Fantasy 7 Battle Theme

http://youtu.be/apUDeRC1LTQ

And Linus & Lucy!
Last edited by ican on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ican
Magnificent MOSFET

Re: Finally, I can post here! =)

Postby Frost273 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:41 am

Looks like you are hiding from the sparks too far away :-)
Frost273
Magnificent MOSFET

Postby ican » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:20 pm

I was hiding from the sparks because the mic on my phone is getting damaged from being too close... I was also working alone for that recording, so if something had gone wrong, I had my finger on the stop button on my computer... =)

If I can figure out a way to record without damaging my microphone, I'll get closer, but every recording I do of the coil has a ton of static in it... normal recordings don't.
ican
Magnificent MOSFET

Postby stegu » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:18 am

You could try placing another sound recording device at a longer distance from the coil, and then use a video editing program to replace the sound in the video file. Also, phones with a touch screen tend to get confused by the electric field, so to get closer to the action, use a regular video camera (or a still image camera with video recording capability) without a capacitive touch screen. Low cost resistive touch screens of the kind you can find on many video cameras and non-phone cameras seem to cope, but capacitive touch screens and touchpads go crazy whenever I get closer to my coil than a couple of meters.
stegu
Magnificent MOSFET

Postby Moors7 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:28 am

Then I don't know what I'm doing differently, since my iPad 3, iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 didn't seem to care how close I put them to the coil. I kept them from several meters up to mere centimetres without having any problems. Audio quality wasn't even that bad. I guess it just depends on your setup and your devices. You just have to figure out what works best for you.
Take a look at my website for oneTesla compatible MIDI files. Enjoy.
Moors7
Terrific Tube

Re: Finally, I can post here! =) ***UPDATED***

Postby ican » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:45 am

So for the last 3 days we've been working hard on finishing the rebuild of my secondary and primary because I was sick and tired of blowing IGBTs... The secondaries that come with oneTesla kits have WAY too low of resistance, and as a result are extremely prone to overcurrent feedback in the IGBTs, which as most of us know, has a way of destroying components. My oneTesla Secondary was ringing up over 225A per IGBT and 221ohms resistance which was well over 300kHz resonant frequency... 1800 or however many windings of 34AWG wire is simply not enough... Also,the primary form is not a large enough diameter to prevent tracking on the secondary, and 14AWG gets extremely hot when running at full power.

The new primary is wrapped with 6 turns of 12AWG on a 4" OD form (I used a toilet drain) and the secondary is now 2000 turns of 36AWG for a secondary resonant frequency of 234kHz and a whopping 450ohms of resistance, and a primary resonant frequency of 191kHz for a difference of 18% at low power. At high power, the secondary drops below the primary resonant frequency for just a moment, and then rings back up just a little bit when they couple properly... We didn't do a LONG run, but we did do multiple full power runs of the song in the link below... I truly hope you all enjoy watching it as much as we enjoyed making it. =) I will post pictures of the secondary build and other modifications we did soon, but I had to post this video tonight for everyone's enjoyment.

Without further adieu, Dueling Banjos on dueling oneTesla coils, starring Adam Jeschke and Jeremiah Popp geeking out in the background because it was so much fun. =) http://youtu.be/phdPgTwngME
ican
Magnificent MOSFET

Re: Finally, I can post here! =) ***UPDATED***

Postby ican » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:51 am

Oh, I suppose I should drop my MIDI here too... =) For your reference, channel 0 is the guitar, and channel 1 is the banjo... I've also taken it down to track 1 and track 2 for your convenience... You'll need a sequencing program - not MidiEditor - and two interrupters to make this work, just in case you were wondering.

DuelingBanjos-for-Twin-Coils.rar
(3.01 KiB) Downloaded 1386 times
ican
Magnificent MOSFET

Re: Finally, I can post here! =) ***UPDATED*** With Videos

Postby ican » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:47 pm

New videos up! Sorry about the crappy quality... I'm currently borrowing a camera, and it's only capable of 480p video... =(
ican
Magnificent MOSFET

Re: Finally, I can post here! =) ***UPDATED*** With Videos

Postby ican » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:20 am

Finally... got my Overcurrent Protector fixed and working... When I draw an arc off the coil, the OCP kicks in and shortens the duty cycle to lower the current going through the system... Next time we set up to play instead of fix, I'll get some video of it in action...
ican
Magnificent MOSFET

Return to Completed oneTesla Kits