Everything is Magically Running Great!

Show off your finished kit here!

Everything is Magically Running Great!

Postby bomber315 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:30 am

Not sure what to say about this past weekend for me. Last thursday morning I blew my igbt's at about 30-40% power in fixed mode. Fixed them thursday evening.

From there I was afraid to push it very hard without getting it in tune. Friday night, I was showing it off to a friend. Peer pressure got the best of me and I kept turning up the power in MIDI. Soon enough I was at full power for full songs with a break between songs just long enough to load the next song. I even switched it into fixed mode and ran it at full power for probably 30 secs.

The only thing that changed was the igbts AND now I also was lighting a "curly Q" bulb within striking distance. It wasnt constantly hitting the bulb, probably 15% of the time at the most.

Saturday night we did the same thing... straight up beat on the coil. Even had several experiments where the spark would find a good ground (garden rake, spool of romex wire, ect. ect.) was just pounding the metal with a single streamer several times (i read that ground strikes are bad for it) During 1 song we counted 8 ground actual strikes. It is sitting in the basement on concrete.

IT JUST WOULDNT BLOW! not that i wanted it to, but fully expected it to. maybe, just maybe im one of the lucky few where everything just works?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob0oACD- ... 02yh4NMZEg
the 4 foot tube is actually about twice as far from the coil as the small bulb, tho in the video it looks really close to the box. THANKS for the midi ican!

also fyi hitting salt water and making orange sparks is pretty cool :P
bomber315
Magnificent MOSFET

Re: Everything is Magically Running Great!

Postby ican » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:06 pm

That was pretty badass.. =) and thanks for the shoutout. I'm working on more... but this week I'm a little swamped with exams... hopefully by this weekend I'll have another TSO song done... =)
ican
Magnificent MOSFET

Re: Everything is Magically Running Great!

Postby bomber315 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:37 pm

midnight in sarajevo i assume? hell it doenst really matter as long as it an upbeat one... i have been to two of their shows and im thinking about creating a mini tso show in my basement hahaha
bomber315
Magnificent MOSFET

Return to Completed oneTesla Kits