New OneTesla in Quebec !

Show off your finished kit here!

New OneTesla in Quebec !

Postby jeanrenaud » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:02 pm

After mounting my OneTesla kit in a week-end, the tests are successful ! Only one issue when misplacing one capacitor (C14 instead of C1), which forced me to almost break the capacitor to relocate it - pcboard with solder paths on both side are hard to unsolder :)

Here is a 100% power test in fixed frequency mode. This was done at 11:30 A.M in my apartment. There was for sure somebody sleeping in the apartment over mine (late party in the night), but he wasn't sleeping anymore after my 100% power run :lol:
Watch on youtube.com

Here is "Rock Around the Clock" by Bill Haley (i edited a full midi song to keep only the bass and the voice, then merged them on track 1). Since the song have some low notes, the power level is kept at no more than 50% to lower the risk of flash over. But anyway, at the end of the song, there is indeed a flash over... No damage noted. I did not put any varnish on the secondary, it is as shipped.
Watch on youtube.com
Last edited by jeanrenaud on Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeanrenaud
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Re: New OneTesla in Quebec !

Postby jeanrenaud » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:47 pm

A new song : Pink Panther Theme. Power level kept at no more than 50% to lower the risk of flashover, since the song have very low notes - low notes performs poorly.

Watch on youtube.com
jeanrenaud
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Return to Completed oneTesla Kits