oneTeslaTS working

Show off your finished kit here!

Re: oneTeslaTS working

Postby Timefoldsup » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:11 pm

Thanks for the tip. I attached one end, then poured 3/4" of epoxy inside. Works great! Played Nyan Cat at full power, no arcing! I didn't have this problem with my original OneTesla. I was thinking that some anti-corona conformal coating might work also. Silicone caulk will also suppress corona.
Timefoldsup
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Postby Tunes » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:22 pm

Can you send me a more detailed description of the baffle and better endcap assembly to eliminate internal flashovers? Really don't want this to happen to mine. Just started my build!!!!
Tunes
Rambunctious Relay

Postby Tunes » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:30 am

[quote="gsklinger"]The cause of the internal arcing is known. It is caused by the design of the end caps. Specifically, bringing the ends of the secondary wire inside the secondary is the root cause of the problem. The work around is to design an endcap that does not bring the wire inside, but rather a half inch or so away from it. Another thing you can do to reduce the possibility of internal arcing in the secondary is to add a solid baffle inside the secondary and cover the edges with a few thick coats of polyurethane so that there is no path between the baffle and in inner wall of the secondary.

I was reviewing the construction of the end caps and the problem with the secondary wire exposed to the interior of the coil form causing arcing flash overs. Why couldn't I cut a groove in the top of the pvc pipe rim and the end cap and run the wire over the top of the cap and attach the ring connector to the bolt outside of the cap and cover the entire wire with clear silicone or epoxy for durability and protection?? Then the wire would not go into the coil interior at all. Do you think this would work????
Tunes
Rambunctious Relay

Previous

Return to Completed oneTesla Kits