First Successful Test!

Show off your finished kit here!

First Successful Test!

Postby cooperd127 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:25 pm

No smoke! That's a good thing. My interupter can't read the SD card. Am assembling a second complete kit. But I do have manual control of power and freq so able to operate the coil. Getting good solid, healthy noise, but only a couple inches of spark. Next going to check the inside of coil.

I did build the recommended shield. Only using the front side panel with the warning label on it.

Will provide more info and pics shortly.

Feeling accomplished! At 77 still able to enjoy playing with this kind of stuff! :D
cooperd127
Rambunctious Relay

Re: First Successful Test!

Postby cooperd127 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:55 pm

After building a second interrupter which has a working SD Card port and re-orienting the current transformer correctly, I have operated the coil successfully 7 or 8 times. Initially I thought the spark length may be a bit short, and it might be a litle, but music feature is working great. Lots of volume and big variation of spark depending on the music. I am happy with the results and enjoyed the build and solving some of the glitches encountered along the way. I did make the shield for the optic receiver prior to operating the coil. A simple mod that is just cheap insurance.
cooperd127
Rambunctious Relay

Return to Completed oneTesla Kits