Steve's DRSSTC3 with oneTesla interrupter

Show off your finished kit here!

Steve's DRSSTC3 with oneTesla interrupter

Postby Moors7 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:36 am

Hello everybody,

for a final project at school I decided to make a tesla coil. I ended up builing Steve Wards DRSSTC3 combined with the oneTesla interrupter. I'm awefully impressed by how good it works, it truly sounds amazing!
Anyways, I made a website about the project, along with some background info. If you're interested, feel free to check it out at http://www.jordymoors.nl/tesla%20coil. I've also got some MIDI files on there which are compatible with the oneTesla interrupter. Feel free to download them. (I've attached them below as a .rar for convenience)
Enjoy!

Special thanks to the oneTesla team for their great work, and for being so nice to share their information!
Attachments
OneTesla.rar
51 oneTesla compatible MIDI songs.
(77.15 KiB) Downloaded 1363 times
Moors7
Terrific Tube

Re: Steve's DRSSTC3 with oneTesla interrupter

Postby Heidi » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:03 pm

Fantastic work, Jordy! Glad we could be of help.
Heidi
Supreme Leader

Postby KevinNewZealand » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:39 pm

Hi from New Zealand
Thank you 1000 times for the songs ... I just cant wait to build this , my fiirst coil .. 6 weeks lead time is soooooo long ... plus shipping time .... I might have it by October lol :) These songs will give me pleanty toplay with .. do you ever have problems with "Lower " notes ( do they arc) ?
KevinNewZealand
Magnificent MOSFET

Postby Heidi » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:21 am

Lower notes are more likely to cause arcs. It helps to varnish the secondary several times and round off the primary clips to prevent arcs from happening.
Heidi
Supreme Leader

Postby Moors7 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:34 am

Hi Kevin,
Glad you like the songs. They're a pain to find and edit so I thought I'd be nice to share. Hope you enjoy them, I sure do :)
The waiting time is indeed horrible. I too have ordered a kit and can't wait to get started (stereo lightning :twisted: ).
As far as low notes are concerned, they normally work just fine. I remember having more problems with the really high notes (getting smaller sparks). I'm not exactly sure as to how they will work out on the actual oneTesla, but they seem to work nicely on my coil. Having seen the performances of the kit I doubt it'll be a problem :)
If you like you can check out some videos of the songs (I filmed quite a few). You can find them by following this link http://jordymoors.nl/photo/photo_thumb.php?dir=5465736c61204d75736963.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy your upcoming kit, which I'm sure will be great, and put some of the songs to good use :)

Greetings,

Jordy Moors
Take a look at my website for oneTesla compatible MIDI files. Enjoy.
Moors7
Terrific Tube

Return to Completed oneTesla Kits