Sail - Awolnation MIDI help

Share your MIDI files here

Sail - Awolnation MIDI help

Postby XxRyan787xX » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:25 am

I have seen a video that features Sail by Awolnation, I can't find a MIDI file similar to the video. I want to play as much as possible on the OneTesla and the rest on some Speakers.

Here is the video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee5evlN8Bb ... e5evlN8Bbs
XxRyan787xX
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Re: Sail - Awolnation MIDI help

Postby lonemorf » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:24 pm

Cant help in the immediate with a midi file, condensing that down would take a while.
However, as a sweetener, here is the vid where Awolnation went "viral" on the net - they are a great group anyway, but this vid, in my opinion "made them".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k
lonemorf
Terrific Tube

Postby Moors7 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:36 pm

Hey Ryan,

it took me quite a while, but I've come up with a version I thinks should play nicely on the oneTesla. However, this is still untested, and I can therefor not guarantee that it will. Previous songs I've edited have played rather nicely, so I expect the same results from this one. But as with any new song you're trying, please start on low power, and turn it up slowly if and when you feel confortable with doing so. Never try a new song on full power.

Anyway, please enjoy it, and let me know what you think about it.

song: http://jordymoors.nl/downloads/OneTesla ... nation.mid (right-click to download)
Moors7
Terrific Tube

Postby DJKOR » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:29 pm

lonemorf wrote:Cant help in the immediate with a midi file, condensing that down would take a while.
However, as a sweetener, here is the vid where Awolnation went "viral" on the net - they are a great group anyway, but this vid, in my opinion "made them".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k

I would agree. That was the first time I had heard the song, which came from a suggestion to watch the video from a friend.

Moors7 wrote:Hey Ryan,

it took me quite a while, but I've come up with a version I thinks should play nicely on the oneTesla. However, this is still untested, and I can therefor not guarantee that it will. Previous songs I've edited have played rather nicely, so I expect the same results from this one. But as with any new song you're trying, please start on low power, and turn it up slowly if and when you feel confortable with doing so. Never try a new song on full power.

song: http://jordymoors.nl/downloads/OneTesla ... nation.mid (right-click to download)

Awesome effort Moors7 !!! You seem to have a knack for modifiying these midi files.
My build thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=998 | 246kHz Primary / 267kHz Secondary
DJKOR
Magnificent MOSFET

Postby Moors7 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:46 pm

Thanks! It's boring as hell, and after hearing a song note by note, you'll start hating it eventually. But hey, lightning isn't going to play itself, and someone's got to do the dirty job. Since I'm still eagerly waiting for my oneTesla, I thought that might as well be me.

I could try doing some requests if anybody REALLY wants to hear a specific song, but I can't make any promises...
Either way, Enjoy!

~Jordy
Moors7
Terrific Tube

Postby XxRyan787xX » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:24 pm

Thank you greatly! I will get back to you all in a week or so when i have my OneTesla built, what would i do to play the rest on a pair of Speakers? Play the original MIDI?

Thanks to all the other people that contributed.

Kind Regards,
Ryan
XxRyan787xX
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Postby lonemorf » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:24 am

Edvard Griegs Piano Concerto in A minor Op10
:D
Thats what I want.
:mrgreen:
lonemorf
Terrific Tube

Postby stegu » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:09 am

A minor and Op. 10 does not compute. Do you mean Op. 16?
Here are two unedited, different MIDI versions of the first movement to start from.
One is a 4 minute excerpt, the other one is the full 12 minutes.
(Full score, need heavy editing to be playable on the oneTesla.)
Attachments
grieg_op16.zip
(57.3 KiB) Downloaded 2074 times
stegu
Magnificent MOSFET

Postby XxRyan787xX » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:14 am

Thank you Moors7, I really appreciate it. Now how would i play the rest on some speakers? The original song?
XxRyan787xX
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Postby Moors7 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:43 pm

I'll see if I can make a version minus these sounds, that way you can play that on speakers. You would, however, have to find a way to direct this song to your oneTesla, while getting the other one to your speakers...
I've not tried this before, so I can't help you with that, but I guess you can choose which track plays on which output. Thought I read somewhere that Fl studio might be able to do this.

~Jordy
Moors7
Terrific Tube

Next

Return to MIDI Files