It's about that time of year... Submit your Holiday Music!

Share your MIDI files here

Re: It's about that time of year... Submit your Holiday Musi

Postby Speedy78 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:36 am

Midi track is a little faster than the song and without choping up the track it was hard to align throughout. Its slowed doen by 97.052% lol. Thats as close at it would get.
Speedy78
Magnificent MOSFET

Postby ican » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:50 pm

you used my midi track and played it with the song? What software are you using? If you use Abelton Live, you can sync the audio and midi tracks much easier. Or, conversely you can use the full version of the midi, output just channel 0 to the tesla coil, and the remaining channels to another device like a piano...

I think the midi track is in a different key than the original song, so it sounds tinny... you might try transposing the midi down a full octave (12 steps) first to see if it sounds better, and then up or down by 1 step at a time to get the right key... Like I said, it sounded very out of tune at the beginning, but the end didn't sound bad.
Last edited by ican on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ican
Magnificent MOSFET

Postby Speedy78 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:53 pm

I do more video editing than audio editing so I was using Adobe premier pro and nudging and expanding the dile until it was as close as I could get it. Never done much with audio sync other than lining up an audio track from a different recording device with the video but tht was easy to do.
Speedy78
Magnificent MOSFET

Postby ican » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:00 pm

Ah, ok... you'll find much better success with combining audio and midi tracks with a sequencer program rather than Adobe... You can find anything you need in a torrent somewhere... and I think Ableton has a trial version.
ican
Magnificent MOSFET

Previous

Return to MIDI Files