Pokemon Battle and other songs

Share your MIDI files here

Pokemon Battle and other songs

Postby loneoceans » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi Everyone,

To kick off a wintry week, here's my recent recording of the Pokemon battle song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr8x5T_95Ww

I have a bunch more coming soon, and I'll be uploading all my Midi files on my DRSSTC 1's page. You can see the original build thread over here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&p=3550

For those interested, this run was set to around 80us max or so, which should be just a bit more than 50% 'power setting' for people using the oneTesla midi interrupter.

Merry Christmas everyone! :mrgreen:
loneoceans
Magnificent MOSFET

Re: Pokemon Battle and other songs

Postby DJKOR » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:35 pm

Damn your coil really pumps out some serious output. So impressive !!!!

Very keen to get that midi though just to give it a shot on mine.
My build thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=998 | 246kHz Primary / 267kHz Secondary
DJKOR
Magnificent MOSFET

Postby ican » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Here's the Pokemon Theme song. =)
Attachments
PokeTheme.zip
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 2051 times
ican
Magnificent MOSFET

Postby ican » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:19 pm

And here's the best damn battle music ever made... =)

I'd love if you guys could post videos of these, since my coil is currently down, I can't actually play them anymore... =/ They're all tested though, and optimized for the range of the oneTesla.
Attachments
ff7battl.zip
(1.43 KiB) Downloaded 1303 times
ican
Magnificent MOSFET

Postby DJKOR » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:20 am

Thanks mate. I just got home so it's time to fire up the coil. Will keep you posted.

Edit: Tested the Final Fantasy VII Battle for you on my coil. Doesn't work as good as loneoceans one would though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16IprVksAnw&hd=1

You will also notice that my newly installed thermometer really dislikes my coil.

After seeing a coil like loneoceans' one running, I kinda feel mine is just not as great. Then I also think that I'm still creating bolts of lightning at least, and that alone is quite impressive.
DJKOR
Magnificent MOSFET

Postby cheeseman42 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:58 pm

ican wrote:And here's the best damn battle music ever made... =)

I think that was one of the best MIDIs I've heard so far. However, I'm a bit confused. I thought that this would only play what was on track 1, but this file has several tracks that work. What am I missing?
cheeseman42
Rambunctious Relay

Postby Moors7 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:19 am

(Not a 100% certain, since FL studio isn't that great on iOS)
Midi files consist of several tracks, each with their own instrument, playing their own little pieces. The channels you direct them to determine which audio device is actually going to play them. So it's possible to have multiple tracks going to 1 channel, in this case two tracks both to channel 1.
This is, as far as I'm concerned, by far the nicest way to edit songs. This way you get two monophonic tracks with background and melody separated. This leaves more room for editing afterwards, and just eases the whole process. This also means, that if you're lucky enough to have multiple (functioning) tesla coils, you can set them up in a stereo configuration. In this case it's even more usefull to have different tracks, since it's then possible to direct a track to a specific coil, making for a more diverse setup.
So yeah, you can have multiple tracks ;)
Take a look at my website for oneTesla compatible MIDI files. Enjoy.
Moors7
Terrific Tube

Postby ican » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:04 pm

That FF7 Midi is only one channel... just has multiple notes per channel... The others you see in MidiEditor are empty... shadows of the original midi. However, what Moors said is true... and I'm actually working on a 3 channel midi (6 notes at a time) to be played on 3 oneTeslas together... When we get all three coils tunes, I'll post a video of it... it should be spectacular.

Oooo... I just realized you were talking about the tracks rather than the channels... Since I built this midi into one channel, and used the full score original with multiple tracks, the notes are still on the original tracks that they came from in the original song.

oneTesla's limitation is only the channels it can play, defaulted to channel 0... but it is unlimited on the number of tracks it can play in that channel.
ican
Magnificent MOSFET

Postby DJKOR » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:15 am

Sooooo.... would anyone here have that Pokemon Battle like the one in the OP? I obtained a MIDI of a multi-track one and tried to modify it but I failed pretty badly.
DJKOR
Magnificent MOSFET

Postby loneoceans » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:24 am

DJKOR wrote:Sooooo.... would anyone here have that Pokemon Battle like the one in the OP? I obtained a MIDI of a multi-track one and tried to modify it but I failed pretty badly.

Hey DJKOR, been a bit busy recently and haven't got round to posting it. Here's the file for everyone to enjoy! :)
Attachments
Pokemon Trainer Battle - Melody for Tesla Coil - loneoceans.zip
(2.37 KiB) Downloaded 1357 times
loneoceans
Magnificent MOSFET

Next

Return to MIDI Files