Page 1 of 1

Playback Problems (Missing Notes)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:02 pm
by Majumafoo
This issue has been solved (I think).
Solutions can be found by following this link


Hey team,

I have noticed several repeating issues from songs I've created for my coil.

When I play them from my computer, through the interrupter to the coil, everything works fine.
However, when running off the SD card, certain notes are consistently missed.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Has anyone found a fix?

Re: Playback Problems (Missing Notes)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:27 pm
by Bayley
I've heard of this issue before, but I sadly lack the data to properly debug it. If you can figure out when it happens I can try to roll out a firmware fix.

Re: Playback Problems (Missing Notes)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:48 pm
by Majumafoo
Bayley,

Are you able to connect me with any resources so that I might help me dive into the issue?
I don't know anyone about OMD, and I haven't had much luck online.

Re: Playback Problems (Missing Notes)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:39 pm
by Bayley
OMD is a custom format, its just sequences of bytes indicating which notes to turn on and off. The exact formatting should be easy to discern from the interrupter source code.

Re: Playback Problems (Missing Notes)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:22 pm
by Majumafoo
Bayley wrote:I've heard of this issue before, but I sadly lack the data to properly debug it. If you can figure out when it happens I can try to roll out a firmware fix.


If you could please have a peek at the converter code, I'd really appreciate some improvements.
If you need some source material to review, please follow this link. Nearly every OMD does not playback properly.

I consider the following to be particularly easy to hear issues with:
  • Cantina
  • Final Countdown
  • Green Hill Zone
  • I Want it That Way
  • Victory!

Re: Playback Problems (Missing Notes)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:26 pm
by Majumafoo
I've continued to experiment with the coil and it's limitations.

I've noticed that notes that are "missing" are buried under new notes, rather than not sounding at all.

Notes play, but are eventually stopped early when newer notes begin. This tends to be high notes because of how melodies tend to work, but I'm not sure if that's a requirement for this error to occur.

I suspect that this could be a physical issue with polyphony running through the coil as much as it could be a coding challenge.