[Help]Project using Tiny-Tesla with Starface

A place for cool projects

[Help]Project using Tiny-Tesla with Starface

Postby Fabian95qw » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:26 am

Good day Everybody.

In an upcoming "Hackathon" for the Starface this Fall, we want to realize, something crazy. We're trying to attach a Tesla-Coil to a voip-pbx.

The idea behind it is, to show how even the most crazy thing can work with this voip-pbx, because to it's open module interface.
It allows developers to write their own code (in Java), and import it into the pbx, realizing everything from call-modification, to for example an exchange-connector for the adressbook.

The PBX is based on a catalina (tomcat) webserver, running ontop of an asterisk.
The OS is a Centos 6.9

I've one essential question to begin with.

Is it possible to directly interact with the USB-Interrupter?
Because i need to dynamically generate MIDI-Sounds, to send to the tesla coils (For Example DTMF-Sounds).

Sincerely Fabian95qw
Fabian95qw
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Re: [Help]Project using Tiny-Tesla with Starface

Postby Bayley » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:46 pm

It is just a USB-MIDI device (which, surprisingly enough, is part of the USB specification).
Bayley
Lord Protector

Postby Fabian95qw » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:33 am

Hello Bayley

Thanks for your Feedback, we'll probably order one then, and see how it turns out.

The Hackathon is somewhere in October, i'll give additional Feedback how it wen't once it's over.

Sincerely Fabian95qw
Fabian95qw
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Postby Bayley » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:31 am

I would also either consider the oneTesla TS (which is louder and way more impressive), or at least buying an SD interrupter for your tinyTesla, which has a MIDI port and some more advanced functionality.
Bayley
Lord Protector

Return to Other Projects