Debug Help

Got friendly advice? Post it here!

Re: Debug Help

Postby pascal88 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:39 pm

I replaced the IGBT and the coil started to sing! I slowly turned up the power adjustment knob as I could not see any sparks but could hear the music being played. I got to half way when the fuse blew. I replaced the fuse, turned down the power adjustment knob and started over again but this time nothing was working. I checked and both IGBTs were blown. I already had to replace 2 sets of IGBTs since the original was DOA. I can only do this one more time before the PCB runs are destroyed. I have a 220V board that had to be modified for 110V as the wrong board was sent. The wire that was used was charred a bit. everything else looks good. Is there anything else that could be wrong?
pascal88
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Postby pascal88 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:05 pm

I ordered again another set of IGBTs, not sure if the board is too damaged from soldering/desoldering 3 times but will give it one more go. I checked the tuning of the coil and believe it is fine. I attached the process and measurements.
sec.jpg
(49.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
pri.jpg
(69.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet

I read all the blogs and not sure what else to do(checked all signals, not shorts, not cold solder points, did not use the paste, started on low power) if this new set of IGBTs blow!
pascal88
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Postby Alex » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:11 pm

use 5 turns on your primary, and make sure that your MUR460 diodes are okay.
Alex
Incredible IGBT

Previous

Return to Tips and Tricks