introduction

Feelin' social? Introduce yourself here!

introduction

Postby js0000 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:48 pm

hi

i'm a programmer/musician who has played around with MIDI for a while. i'm looking forward to the oneTesla for many reasons; but it seems to be an curious intersection of art and science that just grabs me.
js0000
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Re: introduction

Postby heymoe » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi Everyone!

My name is Gary and my friends think I'm crazy for backing this Kickstarter project. They think I'm going to blow myself up, burn my house down, kill all my electronics, etc.. which I guess are all possibilities with this type of device but what do they know.. right :)

I'm not a musician so I'm glad that the interrupter has been updated to work standalone without MIDI input. I'm more of a science / electronics guy that has thought about building a high voltage device like a Tesla-Coil or a Jacob's Ladder for a while but never got around to sourcing all the parts so the oneTesla is a perfect solution for me.

I can't wait to start building it!

-Gary
heymoe
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Postby stegu » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:21 pm

I'm a researcher and lecturer at a Swedish university, with a background in physics and electronics, but now focusing on computer graphics and special effects. I have had plans for building a Tesla coil myself, using some of the many helpful suggestions on the Internet, but I never actually got around to it because of big problems with sourcing the components. The OneTesla DIY kit is the perfect toy for a 47 year old kid like me. I hope it will arrive in time for my birthday in May. Yes, I'll be careful. Promise. (Muhahaha. And they said I was crazy. I'll show them!)
stegu
Magnificent MOSFET

Postby Fiddy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:47 pm

Hey man!

Good stuff, ill be looking for a whole bunch of MIDI files in the near future, did you get in on the first run of the kit?
Pico SGTC
Nano SSTC
Audio Modulated SSTC
Audio Modulated Bipolar SSTC
TinyTesla SSTC
Onetesla TS DRSSTC
OneTesla DRSSTC
EVR MicroBrute DRSSTC
Fiddy
Terrific Tube

Postby ddparker » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:52 pm

I am looking forward to having the One Tesla Coil. I am an instructor in a trades program, currently teaching Electrical and Electronics.
"Water Flows Downhill... By The Path of Least Resistance" ;-)
ddparker
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Postby AndyGahan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi all,
I saw this on kickstarter and couldn't resist - I'm hoping that I can get set up with minimal problems - but we'll see.
I'm sure it will be worth the effot regardless :)

Andy
AndyGahan
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Postby Artlav » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm a generic try-to-make-it-all hobbyist, but earn a living in programming.
Made several spark-gap tesla coils before, and was looking to make a DRSSTC, but so far always got lost in the schematics and unobtanium IGBTs. OneTesla is just the kind of project i was looking for - simple enough to understand, and yet powerful enough to be interesting.
Artlav
Rambunctious Relay

Postby SpatteL » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:16 am

Hello,
my name is Matthias and I'm from germany.
I was discovering some new projetcts on kickstarter and fund oneTesa.
I dosn't thinging about it very long and pledged a few minutes later.
Now I can't wait to hold it in my hands and start to build it up.

Matthias
SpatteL
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Return to Introductions