Share your MIDI files here

Re: 4 Channel MIDI Player

Postby Tod » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:23 am

Sorry about that, download has been fixed
Tod
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Postby Bayley » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:40 pm

So Tod, I'm interested in making this oneTesla's official player (MidiEditor, to put it bluntly, sucks for playback). I've noticed a few stability issues (the player sporadically crashes); do you think these are software bugs or related to MIDI adapter latchup or the like?
I can try reproducing the faults tomorrow.
Bayley
Lord Protector

Postby XxRyan787xX » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:24 am

I have been using ADIC Pro 7, this allows you to edit the MIDI file as well as.... well... Everything Else. You can select the Output of the track to use 2 or more Coils at once as well as playing half the song on the OneTesla and half on a set of speakers.
XxRyan787xX
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Postby Tod » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:21 am

Hi Bayley,

For some reason, the forum has stopped notifying me of new thread replies. Sorry for the late response. I'd be happy to work with you on the issues you have found. Do you have a list of problems/changes? Are you able to replicate any of the issues?

Tod
Tod
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Postby Bayley » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:06 pm

I'm currently out of town and don't have access to any of the coils, but I can give it a shot in a couple days and come up with some specific testcases.
Bayley
Lord Protector

Postby Tod » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:40 am

Keeping all 4 midi threads in sync, I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something. In the mean time, I will compile a debug version that will catch exceptions and full stack traces on crash. That will make it much easier to find out what's happening. I'll post a link in the next day or two.
Tod
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Postby Tod » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:56 pm

I've just posted v2.1.2 of the midi player.

1. Fixed MIDI device init inside threads. This could cause a crash upon pressing play button.
2. Fixed loop checkbox. It was not properly notifying all 4 threads, so unchecking loop while playing didn't work as intended.
3. Disabled tempo slider while playing. Adjusting the tempo slider while playing could lead to some strange results.
4. Fixed crash when pressing play after a MIDI file completed (and did not loop). One thread was reading past the end of file.

As always, I love to hear feedback and any improvement suggestions!

Download Here
Tod
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Postby NIU STEM » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:25 pm

Hey there,
I see this is a pretty old thread, but maybe someone is still around who can help. I downloaded this program, and was hoping to be able to use it to run 2 coils and provide a MIDI drum track, but I can't figure how to not make every output play every track. When I hook up 2 coils and a keyboard, all three always play all three parts. There doesn't seem to be many options or settings to change, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Or am I misunderstanding the purpose of this app? Is it just intended to run 4 different devices in unison?
NIU STEM
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Previous

Return to MIDI Files