Done!

Show off your finished kit here!

Done!

Postby therooster2001 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:51 pm

Pretty good build. I am actually fairly good at soldering with the increase in cool projects like this, so no issues there. I did have to get some components that didn't ship (oops) so Digikey to the rescue. I did zap my 74HCTT14 and 74 during the test phase, by accidentally probing two pins at a time. ZAP!! They were toast. Digikey.. Before that troubleshooting I thought it was the 7805 since that was the ground when I tested the gate drivers and when those two blow, it was HOT! So after a unfruitful soldering experience (the 7805 was just fine), I ordered and replaced the IC's and by the 50% rule on the gate drivers, I won, and the coil fired right up. The snag after that was terrible Mac programs for MIDI. They might work but then the coil would catch some interference or the song would bomb out half way. Dug my ancient PC laptop out and it works 95% of the time, sometimes I have to turn off the MIDI board to get it unlocked, but I still think that is odd interference, not a PC / MAC problem. I did some cool pictures, and grabbed this in 5 second exposures. Zoom in! This was on half power and I think Mario.

_DSC4024.JPG
(4.19 MiB) Not downloaded yet
therooster2001
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Re: Done!

Postby Vespine » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:07 pm

I was searching for hot 7805, I've got the same problem, I suspect I've shorted the pins on the IC too, very silly and slightly too easy thing to do me thinks...

This thread also helps, I'll be removing my ICs and re-seating them one by one tonight to figure out which I need to replace

http://onetesla.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... cb6fe45d59
Vespine
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Re: Done!

Postby Heidi » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:16 pm

Beautiful picture and nice job!
Heidi
Supreme Leader

Return to Completed oneTesla Kits