OneteslaTS RF Operating Frequency?

General topics forum; please ensure your post follows the forum rules.

OneteslaTS RF Operating Frequency?

Postby BudP » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:31 am

Does anyone know the approximate RF frequency that the OneteslaTS operates on? (i.e., the resonant frequency of the secondary, NOT the interrupter's audio frequency). Is it below or above -or in- the AM broadcast band?

Thought I'd ask before spending a lot of time searching with a general-coverage receiver... just wondering where to start looking.

I'm assuming the interrupter modulates the RF, and one should be able to hear the audio on a radio receiver tuned to the correct frequency... yes? no?

Bud
BudP
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Re: OneteslaTS RF Operating Frequency?

Postby BudP » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:32 pm

Never mind... I found it. I found another thread mentioning 270 kHz, so I started looking there. Mine is running at around 275 kHz, and on a general coverage receiver tuned to that frequency, set to AM mode, the signal from the coil can be heard. It sounds exactly like the sound produced by the spark (no surprise there), and the fidelity seems to be about the same as the "spark-speaker". Sounds pretty neat when OMD files are played. Next, I'll have to check the propagated range of the signal...
BudP
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Postby BudP » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:20 am

Found the third harmonic of my coil around 835 kHz, which makes the actual operating frequency around 278.3 kHz. Sound about right to everybody?
BudP
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Postby Bayley » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:12 pm

yep
Bayley
Lord Protector

Return to Anything else for discussion?