It's Alive OneTesla TS !

Show off your finished kit here!

It's Alive OneTesla TS !

Postby Queb » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:24 am

Well at last its built, worked first time (double and triple checked everything)

Snags;

Interrupter SD slot wasn't reading cards, replaced with a raspberry pi slot, fixed.

The Voltage regs require to be googled to find which is 15/5.

Challenges;

100% the secondary, after reading many horror stories on here I was worried building this.
4 coats of thick varnish, eye strain with the super fine winding wire and then fitting this to the end caps.

I used no extra varnish inside the secondary, seems ok at 1000 hz / full volume, my secondary wire was about 29mm long (as seen on the OneTesla youtube end cap video)

For some reason on mine the bottom standoffs are not high enough (or the screw head is too high ?), causing the board to warp when screwed down it was hitting the IGBTs screws ? Had to use an extra nut under them to lift everything clear.

Queb
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Re: It's Alive OneTesla TS !

Postby Micropuller » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:21 pm

So the volume control is working for you?
I received my shield today, so I'll be installing it one of these days and see if it solves my problem.
I was hoping to get the coil workIng without it though. I've been running it without the side panels until now. Maybe adding those will he enough? From your picture I'm guessing you've been testing without the side panels also?
Micropuller
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Re: It's Alive OneTesla TS !

Postby Queb » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:55 am

My volume is working fine, without side casing and for a short test without a shield (I have one now ;) ) Perhaps your receiver not so tolerant ?
Queb
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Return to Completed oneTesla Kits