First run, success, was a long way. ;-)

Show off your finished kit here!

First run, success, was a long way. ;-)

Postby Johannes3154 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:20 pm

Hello,
today i completed my oneTesla TS Kit and i must admit my hands were slightly shaking prior to the first low power run. At 1000hz and minimum power i got about 10-15cm long sparks. As far as i can say there was no internal arcing going on. I'm absolutly stunned and impressed. :)
After going through the building process i have to say, its definitly not an easy kit and it was quite a challange for me. The provided manual was really helpful and walked me through every step. The most complicated / time consuming part of the assembly was the secondary coil. I didnt want to superglue the endcaps and decided to go with my own design. I did mold the endcaps in epoxy and drilled holes for m3 standoffs. This is where thunder struck and the drill press and got stuck and i destroyed my almost finished secondary. :oops: :shock: After a rather long time sobbing i ordered a replacement and finished the endcaps, that i got removed with my trusty hammer. After receiving the replacement i glued in the epoxy parts and finished the assembly.
Till now i was a passive reader in the forum and i have to say that reading through the posts gave really precious information and is absolut complement to the manual. (ie. the optical shield)
Greetings
Johannes
lowerendcapassembly.jpg
(1.2 MiB) Not downloaded yet

endcapalone.jpg
(1.59 MiB) Not downloaded yet

mountedtoprimary.jpg
(1.54 MiB) Not downloaded yet

completed.jpg
(1.87 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Johannes3154
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Re: First run, success, was a long way. ;-)

Postby Bayley » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:38 am

thanks for the kind words! the optical receiver shield should be rolling out as a standard part (replacing the chassis panel on that side) for the next round of boards
Bayley
Lord Protector

Re: First run, success, was a long way. ;-)

Postby Johannes3154 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:17 am

First streamers of my completed one Tesla TS
https://imageshack.com/a/img921/6379/BBuIiJ.jpg
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-09 at 22.58.42.jpeg
(295.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-09 at 22.58.49.jpeg
(378 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Johannes3154
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Return to Completed oneTesla Kits