Completed OneTeslaTS

Show off your finished kit here!

Completed OneTeslaTS

Postby Bosonob » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:41 am

Recently finished my OneTeslaTS and it works very well. A side note of interest is that I happen to have a slightly smaller toroid on hand and found that as built my streamers were about 9" max. When I switch out the kit toroid for the slightly smaller one the output really came to life and now I get about 14" streamers. I run with only the optocoupler side panel installed and grounded and run a 2 M^2 foil ground plane. I do have a couple of questions for the forum or Bayley.

1) I noticed the primary has what looks like multiple close taps for tuning the primary. Are there any instructions to using these to tune better? I ultimately want to use the kit supplied toroid but I am pretty sure the resonance overlap (lack of better phrase) on mine is a little off thus the better result with the increase of frequency the smaller toroid provides. My resistance on the secondary coil was a little higher than 750ohm out of the box. Closer to 789 ohm thus more inductance and lower frequency than a 750 ohm secondary.

2) I would love to understand the burst mode functions. I have a complete set of silicon in case of failure and am willing to experiment however without any documentation other than my scrolling through settings while not HV powered I didn't want to risk instant destruction without at least initial settings to go by. I know the system should always be maintained for ~10% duty cycle and that this functionality is to make the interrupter universal to run non oneTesla coils. I understand the risks but would still love to explore.

Overall a great kit and build process. I spent the most time carefully assembling the secondary and gave it a single uniform coating of marine epoxy making the coil look like its coated in glass. Very rugged with no signs of internal arcing.

Having much fun,

Stefan
Bosonob
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Return to Completed oneTesla Kits