Help me solve the problem, please

Got friendly advice? Post it here!

Help me solve the problem, please

Postby alexandr » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Hello. Help me solve the problem, please. I have two coils One tesla, they was constructed and successfully worked for a while. One was broken, presumably after overload, when it had played not a standard tune with high power. Second broke down, surprisingly, immediately after I had inserted the IEC cable. Transistors and diode bridge were destroyed. Instead of the standard transistors I had established counterparts, and the coil have been working for four tests. But, with the correct connection sequence, and checking the low-voltage circle, after the IEC cable had been inserted immediately occurred cotton, transistors were destroyed again. Please, tell me, what could be the reason of the damage?

I beg your pardon for my English.
alexandr
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Re: Help me solve the problem, please

Postby Alex » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:29 pm

your first coil must have been out of tune, just replace the transistors and possibly the diodes if they have died and your coil should be working again.

the second coil seems to have a short somewhere, check that all of the high voltage side components are installed correctly. are your sil-pads covering the entire back of the IGBT?
Alex
Incredible IGBT

Postby alexandr » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:05 am

Alex wrote:the second coil seems to have a short somewhere, check that all of the high voltage side components are installed correctly. are your sil-pads covering the entire back of the IGBT?

It is a good idea. You are right, effect similar to a short circuit. But, this is the second time, and after a long, successful work. Sil-pad, put carefully and not damaged. It may be the case in a bad grounding? Or, at this stage it is secondary?
alexandr
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Postby Alex » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:06 am

so at one point your second coil was working?

you should tune your coils so that you get better performance and you stress your IGBT's less.
Alex
Incredible IGBT

Return to Tips and Tricks