Soldering Tutorial for Beginners

Official oneTesla announcements

Soldering Tutorial for Beginners

Postby Kayla » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:05 pm

Good afternoon, coilers!

This post may not seem relevant to you at first, but I promise that it is. As you know, the oneTesla team is dedicated to education above all else. I mean...the fact that our coils produce lightning is cool and all, but our biggest concern is that our coilers are learning something in the process of assembling our kits.

One of the things we learned in our survey is that a majority of you are engineers by trade and/or education. Many of you have had experience with other kits much more sophisticated than our coil and your knowledge of electronics is pretty well cemented. We're not sure how much we can teach you that you don't already know.

Something else we discovered is that there are quite a few people out there who want to learn more about Tesla coils or electronics in general but don't have the resources available to do so. And that's something the team wants to help with-- we want the people who have a genuine interest in electronics to be able to learn how to build kits like ours. So we've decided to create a series of videos on electronic theory and practical application, starting with the basics.

We recently finished our first video, a soldering tutorial for beginners. I'm sure that most of you will have no use for this video, but you may know someone who will. If any of you have children/grandchildren/significant others/friends/family members who have shown an interest in electronics then perhaps this video (along with your help) can get them started. You can help the maker community grow from within.

Also, we'd love to hear any suggestions you may have for future videos. We intend to make them more complex as we go, so we're open to anything from learning how to desolder all the way up to a tutorial on how to build our coil. We want to know what, if anything, we can teach you.

Until the next update, happy coiling!
Kayla
Tipsy Toggle Switch

Return to Announcements